Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A variable is something that may not always be the same.
- In life insurance, sex is an important variable because men generally die younger than women.
- (mathematics) A variable is something used in mathematics for an unknown value.
- In "x = 1 + 2 +...n = ((1 + n) × n)÷2", x is the variable.
- A variable is something used in computer programming languages that stores data, such as a number or words.
- If something is variable, it changes often.
- The temperature in the area is highly variable.
- If a group is variable, there are big differences between things in the group.
- The expected height of children in 3rd grade is variable.