Jump to navigation Jump to search
Utility is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- (countable); (usually plural) Utilities are the basic services that come to your house, such as electricity, phone, and water.
- The government is raising prices on drugs, beer and most public utilities.
- (countable) A utility is a basic computer program that handles things like copying disks and setting up printers.
- (uncountable) Something's utility is how useful it is.
- The design was to maximise the utility of the book as a whole.