- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈjuːnɪfɔːm/, SAMPA: /"ju:nIfO:m/
- (US) enPR: yo͞oʹnə-fôrm, IPA (key): /ˈjunəfɔrm/, SAMPA: /"jun@fOrm/
Audio (US) (file)
- (countable & uncountable) A uniform is clothing that is very similar and worn by a group of people.
- All the young army men wore identical uniforms and badges of rank.
- School uniform was always worn, which for the boys meant khaki shirts and trousers.
- When I was a child, I was afraid of men in uniform: policemen, firemen, even the milkman.
- If something is uniform, there is no variation in it.
- It was designed to be uniform from one end to the other.
- The increase in grades has been uniform across all subjects except math.