Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /təˈmɑːtəʊ/, SAMPA: /t@"mA:t@U/
- (US) IPA (key): /təˈmeɪtoʊ/, SAMPA: /t@"meIt@U/
Audio (UK) (file) Audio (US) (file) Audio (AUS) (file)
- (countable) A tomato is a red, roundish fruit, roughly the size of a fist. It does not have a core nor pips.
- Bad singers or musicians used to be thrown tomatoes at.
- (countable) A tomato is also the plant bearing tomatoes.
- Tomatoes were imported from Central America to Europe in the sixteenth century.
- (uncountable) The matter which tomatoes are made of.
- Ketchup sauce contains some amount of tomato.
- (uncountable) A reddish color, the color of a tomato.
- Tomato is a color that looks like oxygenated blood.
- (slang) (figurative) A sexy woman.
- (slang) (figurative) A stupid thing or person.