Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /kɔː/, SAMPA: /kO:/
- (US) IPA (key): /kɔɚ/, SAMPA: /kO@`/
Audio (US) (file)
- Homophone(s): corps
- (countable) The core is the centre part of something.
- I bit into the apple core and spit out the seeds.
- The ideas in it still form the core of the government's economic plan.
- A core group of fans follow the team to every game.
- I was shaken to the core when I heard the terrible news.
- (transitive) If you core something, you remove the centre from it.
- lemon juice • 4 eating apples, peeled, halved and cored • 1 tbsp of...