Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Tape is a long thin material, often with glue on one side or used for recording.
- We can fix the tear with some tape.
- The reporters surrounded the president with their cameras, tape recorders and notebooks.
- The band put three songs on tape.
- The tape is peeling off my hockey stick.
An audio cassette tape for recording sound
Video cassette tapes for recording video
- (transitive) If you tape music, a speaker, a TV program, etc., you record it on tape or film.
- It is not known who taped the conversation or how.
- I didn't want to stay up to watch the show, so I taped it so I could watch it tomorrow.
- (transitive) If you tape something, you put tape on it.
- Can you tape this closed for me?
- Her coach taped her knee before the game.