Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive & intransitive) If you try to do something, you make effort to do it.
- As much as I tried, I couldn't understand it.
- I'm just trying to get things cleaned up before the kids get home.
- It's OK. We'll try again tomorrow.
- I really want to try and make a difference.
- (transitive) If you try something, you taste, do, or use it to see if it's good.
- Try using the new shoes for a week and let me know if there any problems.
- He's never afraid to try something new.
- Did you try the fish in the fridge?
- (transitive) If you try someone for a crime, you put them on trial.
- He was tried for robbery.