Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: la‧bor
- (uncountable) Labor is the work that people do, usually lifting, moving, building, etc. rather than desk work.
- The cost of labor is higher than the cost of building materials.
- (uncountable) Labor are the people who do this kind of work.
- There's a big labor shortage in the construction industry.
- (uncountable) Labor is the process a pregnant woman goes through when she is giving birth.
- Labor is the name of a big political party in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Labor won the election.
- (intransitive) If you labor, you work hard.
- He labored over the food all afternoon to get ready for dinner.
- (transitive) If you labor the point, you keep talking about it after people understand it well.