- IPA: /sɪˈmæntɪks/
- (plural only; not used in singular form), (linguistics) Semantics is the study of how languages (ways people talk) show meaning.
- We were studying the difference of semantics for both words and sentence between cultures.
- After his injury, he could not remember what words belonged together because of a problem with semantics.
- (plural only; not used in singular form) If an argument is based on semantics it is based on different meanings of words, not different ideas. Or, someone might uses different meaning to be difficult.
- I've heard you talking about it, and it sound like its all semantics to me.