Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA: /sɪˈmæntɪks/
- (plural only), (linguistics) Semantics is the study of how languages (ways people talk) show meaning.
- We were studying the difference of semantics for both words and sentence between cultures.
- After his injury, he could not remember what words belonged together because of a problem with semantics.
- (plural only) If an argument is based on semantics it is based on different meanings of words, not different ideas. Or, someone might uses different meaning to be difficult.
- I've heard you talking about it, and it sound like its all semantics to me.