- (countable) A sale is the act of selling something.
- Proceeds from the sale of the art went to the local school.
- The sale of guns in Canada is tightly controlled.
- Travel agents don't make money until they make a sale.
- The president said the company is not for sale.
- (plural only; not used in singular form) Sales is the number or value of things sold.
- The stronger economy has boosted auto sales by $650 million over last year.
- Retail sales have fallen for two months in a row.
- (uncountable) Sales is the part of a company or industry that tries to get people to buy more.
- She's now Seattle's director of marketing and sales.
- I'm not the kind of person who can be successful in sales.
- (countable & uncountable) A sale is a time when prices are lower than usual.
- The computer store is having a sale: 50% off everything.
- Milk is on sale for a dollar a litre.