Jump to navigation Jump to search
- If something is sacred, it is put aside for use by religion; it is made holy.
- Synonym: consecrated
- If something is sacred, it is not common; it is holy.
- The place where the tribe performed their ceremonies was sacred to them.
- If something or someone is sacred, they are about religion.
- Synonym: religious
- If something is sacred, it is given by divine authortity.
- Synonym: venerable
- If something is sacred, it is not to be violated. (inviolable):
- (with to) If something is sacred, it is dedicated or devoted to something.
- A temple, sacred to the queen of love. -Dryden.