Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- (transitive) If you restore a state, feeling, or ability that has been lost, you make that possible or normal again.
- Police were sent to restore order after an attack on May 4.
- The government attempted to restore confidence by announcing tougher laws.
- With a simple operation, doctors were able to restore his hearing.
- (transitive) If you restore something, you make it go back to the way it was.
- The school is restoring the buildings that were damaged in the fire.
- Art experts are working to restore the painting to its original condition.
- (transitive) If you restore something, you put or give it back.
- The lost child was restored to her parents by police.
- Management has restored the extra vacation time.