Jump to navigation Jump to search
- When you fix something, you repair it.
- Antonym: fix
- When you fix something to something else, you attach it or hold it in place.
- Synonym: affix
- When you fix something at a certain time, you make a rule or agreement that the time will not change.
- If you fix an animal, you remove its reproductive organs so that it can not have babies.
- If you fix a game, contest, or election, somebody unfairly controls what will happen before it is over.
- (slang) When you attack or punish someone, you fix them.
- If you do anything wrong in that city, they will fix you.
- Don't go into my room, or I'll fix you!
- (slang) Protected from arrest or conviction.
- Don't worry about it, we're fixed with the cops.