Resident is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- A resident is somebody who lives in a particular area.
- The local residents like the tourism because it creates more jobs for them.
- (US) A resident is a doctor who is still training, and who works in a hospital.
- If you are resident somewhere, you live or work there.
- If you are not resident in the town, you may not use the town pool.
- The resident population at the school has grown each year, and now most of our students live here.
- I am a resident of Thailand.