- (countable) A citizen is a person who lives in a particular place.
- The town has a population of 115, most of them senior citizens, with no young families.
- With the recent economic problems, ordinary citizens are worried.
- We all need to use less energy talk to our fellow citizens about environmental issues.
- (countable) A citizen is a person who belongs to a particular country, usually because they were born there.
- Some of these Americans moved north and eventually become naturalized Canadian citizens.