Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A reception of something is how well it is doing.
- The reception of this video game is pretty good. I recommend buying it.
- (countable) A reception is a party-like social affair for meeting someone important or special.
- A reception was held in the civic center for the winners of the county art competition.
- The bridal couple's gifts were displayed at the wedding reception.
- I shook Prince William's hand at the reception held for him in the White House rose garden.