Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) Affairs are things that happen or are done, usually that are important enough to be in the news.
- We're thinking less about foreign affairs, and more about what happens here inside the country.
- He now writes a column for the newspaper and hosts a weekly public affairs program.
- The whole affair with Bill Clinton was a terrible mess.
- (countable) An affair is a romantic or sexual relationship between two people when at least one of them is married to somebody else.
- (countable) An affair is something that is related to a particular individual or group.
- What I do in my free time is my affair.
- Policing on Indian reservations is the job of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.