Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA: /ɹɪˈsɛp.tə.kl̩/
- (US) IPA: /ɹəˈsɛp.tə.k(ə)l/ or /ɹi-/
Audio (AU) (file)
- Hyphenation: re‧cep‧ta‧cle
- A receptacle is a container.
- (botany) A receptacle is the part of the flower stalk to which the floral parts are attached..
- (zoology) A 'receptacle is an organ that receives and holds a secretion.
- (electricity) (US): A receptacle is an electrical socket for the connection of a plug (typically by receiving the plug's prongs) to supply portable appliances or equipment.