Jump to navigation Jump to search
- flower is part of the Basic English 850.
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈflaʊə/, SAMPA: /flaU@`/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈflaʊɚ/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- (countable) A flower is part of a plant. Flowers are often very pretty. Plants make them so that they can make new seeds.
- The flower of the plant is starting to wilt.
- (uncountable) The best something can be.
- She was in the flower of her life.
- (usually with in) When something starts to bloom.
- Cherry blossoms are in flower this week.
- (countable) A plant that has flowers.
- The rose is my favorite flower.