Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A plug is an object that fills a gap. Examples of a plug are, an electrical plug which plugs into the wall or electrical socket, a sink plug (or stopper) which stops the water from draining out of the sink or bath.
- (transitive) If you plug something you close by putting something into it.
- We use corks to plug the barrels.
- We were able to plug the leek for now.
- I plugged my ears with my finger because of the noise.
- (transitive) If you plug something in (or into) you put into a socket.
- (transitive) If you plug something in you connect it to electricity.
- You have to plug the computer in if for it to work.
- (transitive) If you plug in an idea or way of doing something, you use it as a whole (without changing it).
- We just plugged in the results from last year and everything worked.
- (transitive) If something plugs something else closes it tightly.
- The cork plugged the bottle.
- The mudslide plugged the way out of the cave, trapping us.