Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- (countable) A quarter is one fourth of something.
- The lake was about a quarter mile from town.
- About a quarter of the students came from outside the United States.
- There's an old house three quarters of the way up that mountain.
- (countable) A quarter is a unit of money worth 25 cents in the United States and Canada.
- Can you give me four quarters for this dollar?
- (countable) A quarter is a period of three months, especially in business.
- Sales were down 3.7 percent from the fourth quarter of last year.
- (countable) A quarter is one of four a periods of time, especially in sports.
- He threw four touchdown passes in the fourth quarter leading to a 38-28 win.
- (countable) A quarter is one section of a city.
- The bar was in New Orleans' French quarter.
- (plural only) Quarters are the places where people live.
- After training, we returned to our quarters to get changed.