Jump to navigation
Jump to search
- public is part of the Basic English 850.
- IPA (key): /ˈpʰʌblɪk/
- SAMPA: /"p_hVblIk/
- Hyphenation: pub‧lic
- Something is public if it is about or for all the people.
- You can't tell me to go away. This is a public place.
- (uncountable) All of the people in a big place like a country.
- I'm going to write this in the newspaper because the public needs to know it.
- Getting Western publics to understand the nature of the war is hard enough.
- The dress rehearsal was opened to the general public as well as celebrities.