Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈproʊtəˌkɑl/ or /ˈproʊtəˌkɔl/ or /ˈproʊtəˌkoʊl/
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈprəʊtəˌkɒl/
Audio (UK) (file)
- Hyphenation: pro‧to‧col
- (countable) A protocol is a rule, guideline, or document about how certain activities are done.
- I don't know the protocol for talking to the President.
- (countable) A protocol is a set of rules that describes how data is transmitted.
- To get the domain name from the domain name server, the other computer has to send the right protocol.