Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Australia) IPA (key): /ˈprɔp.ə/, SAMPA: /"prOp.@/
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈprɒp.ə/, SAMPA: /"prQp.@/
- (US) enPR: präpʹər, IPA (key): /ˈprɑp.ɚ/, SAMPA: /"prAp.@`/
Audio (US) (file)
- (usually before a noun) The proper way, place, use, etc. is the right one.
- What is the proper way to write a letter?
- If something is proper, it is polite or acceptable.
- It's not proper for you to live alone like this.
- She was a very proper young lady.
- Why don't you get a proper job at a good company?
- (only after the noun) The proper is the main or important part of , not the parts near it.
- We stayed in a village and only went into the city proper during the day.