- (UK) IPA (key): /plɑːk/ or /plæk/
- (US) IPA (key): /plæk/ or [pʰl̥æk]
- (AU) IPA (key): /plaːk/
Audio (AU) (file) Audio (US) (file)
- (countable) A plaque is a piece of flat metal with words on it, and is attached to a building or monument so as to remind people of a person or an event.
- (uncountable) (dentistry) Plaque is an accumulation of bacteria on teeth that may develop into dental calculus.
- Synonym: tartar
- (countable) (pathology) A plaque is a wide patch of abnormal tissue that is distinguishable from its surrounding.
Plaque (sense 2) on teeth