Jump to navigation Jump to search
Phase is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
Audio (US) (file)
- (countable) A phase is stage in a process.
- We will look at very basic ideas during the first phase of training.
- As the war enters its final phase, the role of the UN will probably become more important.
- Teenagers often go through a phase of being attracted to someone of the same sex.
- (uncountable) If things are in phase, they are working, moving, or changing together.
- (transitive) If you phase something in, you introduce it step by step.
- Over the next few years, all farm support was slowly phased out.