- (countable) A pension is money paid regularly by a government or company to someone who has stopped working, usually because of age or illness.
- When her pension ran out, she had to sell her house and move in with her daughter.
- He regularly puts money into a retirement pension plan.
- The employees do not like how the company is investing their retirement pension funds.
- (countable) In Europe, a pension is a small hotel.
- I stayed at a pension during my trip to London.
- (countable) A pension is what you pay for living in someone else's house or for staying at a small hotel.
- Did you remember to pay the landlady the pension?