- other is part of the Basic English 850.
- (Australia) IPA: /ˈaðə/, SAMPA: /"aD@/
- (UK) IPA: /ˈʌðə(ɹ)/, SAMPA: /"VD@(r\)/
- (US) enPR: ŭTH'ər, IPA: /ˈʌðɚ/, SAMPA: /"VD@`/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- The other thing(s), when there are only two choices, is the one(s) we were not talking about.
- No, don't put it on this table. Put it on the other table.
- The people inside are OK, but the other people are getting wet.
- Thanks for the books. I'll get the others tomorrow.
- He sat on the other side of the table.
- There are many other kinds of problems.
- Do you have any other questions?
- There were some other cars at their house the other day.
- Other than the cleanup, I think we're finished.