the other day
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- If something happened the other day, it happened recently.
- I was in a shop the other day when the power went off.
- We were talking about that movie just the other day.
- The expression the other day is not used for yesterday.
- Generally, it means anything from 3 days to about 2 weeks ago, though it could also refer to times further in the past.
- There is also a normal noun phrase the other day, which is not an expression. It simply means the other of two days that you are talking about.
- OK, so you're free on Dec 3rd or 5th, right? Let's see, I can't make it on the 3rd, but I can be there the other day.