- See also Lord
- (countable) The Lord is a Judeo-Christian title for God.
- Please join me in the Lord's prayer.
- (countable) A lord is a person who has authority over others; a ruler.
- (countable) A Lord is a title given by a king or queen.
- The royals are sailing with friends Lord and Lady Romsey and their two children.
- The lords of the house will arrive later.
- (countable) Lord is a title of respect used with mayors, judges, etc.
- The lord mayor will be giving a speech at 12:30.
- (intransitive) To lord means to act like a lord.