- (UK) enPR: lĭ'brəl, IPA (key): /ˈlɪbrəl/
- (US) enPR: lĭ'bərəl, IPA (key): /ˈlɪbərəl/
Audio (US) (file)
- If something is liberal, it allows for change, flexibility, and free thought.
- Synonym: left wing
- Antonym: conservative
- The Church should take a more liberal view of sex.
- Japanese schools are quite different from what you see in our more liberal education system.
- Any attempt to put a liberal democracy in Iraq will fail.
- If something is liberal, it has few limits.
- He was quite liberal with his kindness.