Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) An inhibition is a feeling that makes you want to avoid (stay away from) something.
- He threw off his inhibitions and went dancing.
- Alcohol can take away inhibition.
- When the cat was absent, the mouse showed no such inhibition.
- She stays home all day—she has a lot of inhibitions.
- I feel an inhibition about going onto an airplane.
- (uncountable) Inhibition is the act of stopping or reducing a process, especially a natural or chemical process.
- When there is no sugar, there is inhibition of cell growth.