Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) An image, picture, or other representation of something.
- (countable) A religious painting that is often done on wooden panels.
- (countable) A person or thing that is the best example of something.
- That man is an icon in the business; he is loyal and has good business sense.
- (countable) A small picture which represents something (such as an icon on a computer screen).
- Click on the icon to open the program.
- (countable) (linguistics) A type of noun where the form reflects and is determined by the referent; onomatopoeic words are all icons. See also symbol and index.