- (UK) IPA (key): /ɪɡˈzɑːmpl̩/
- (US) IPA (key): /ɪɡˈzæmpl̩/
- (AU) (US) IPA (key): /əɡˈzæmpl̩/
- (NZ) IPA (key): /ɘɡˈzɐːmpɯ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: ex‧am‧ple
- If I give an example of something, I name one of that type of thing.
- Synonym: representative
- A baseball, a softball, a football, and a soccer ball are examples of balls.
- An example is a model of what something else of the same type should be like.
- Synonym: model
- Look at the example of a model airplane to see how your model airplane should be built.