Jump to content
- (uncountable) The Church is Christian's gathering to praise and be with God.
- (countable) A church is a building where Christians gather and pray to God.
- The church across the street has a service at 10 am.
- Christian churches and Buddhist temples exist alongside each other.
- Though she prayed and attended church, as she got older she often wondered why God didn't do anything.
- (countable) A church is a particular kind of religious belief or power.
- They asked for the help of the Catholic Church.
- At the time I moved from the Baptist Church to the Pentecostal Church I was about sixteen years old.
- Jesus Christ established a church in which men and women were equal.
- This country was founded on the idea of separation of church and state.
- People tend to leave because they don't accept certain church teachings.
- (countable) A Christian religious organization, local or general.
- The Church (referring to the dominant religious organization of a particular time or place).
- (uncountable) Church is a time when Christians go to a church.
- I'll be there after church.