Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- (usually before a noun) The gross amount is the total before you take away losses or expenses.
- Synonym: total
- Antonym: net
- Her gross pay was $500, but then they took out $60 for tax.
- (usually before a noun) A gross violation or abuse is very bad and clearly wrong.
- Leaving the bank unlocked was an act of gross carelessness.
- If something is gross is very unpleasant.
- Synonyms: disgusting, unpleasant, horrible and filthy
- Antonyms: nice, lovely, pleasant, attractive and appealing
- There was a gross smell coming from the broken pipe.