Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA: /ˌvaɪɵˈleɪʃən/
- (countable & uncountable) A violation of a rule is an act of breaking the rule: going past the limits of the rule.
- The speed you were driving your car was a violation of the speed limit.
- Walking into my house like that was a violation of my privacy.
- The new finding seems to be in violation of our understanding of physics.
- This violation of our trust cannot be forgiven.
- The violation of these young girls by a man their uncle is hard to understand.