Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈdʒɛntl̩/
- (US) enPR: jĕn′tl, IPA (key): /ˈd͡ʒɛntl̩/ or [ˈd͡ʒɛ̃ɾ̃l̩]
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: gen‧tle
- A gentle person is kind and careful not to cause damage, pain, or surprise.
- He used to fight all the time, but I have become much kinder and gentler.
- That bear is a monster, not at all a gentle giant.
- If a movement or moving thing is gentle, it moves slowly and softly.
- There is a gentle breeze and one red leaf falls.
- She touched my hand with a soft gentle touch.
- A gentle slope or curve changes slowly from flat or straight.
- The slope was gentle enough that even my grandmother climbed it easily.
- A gentle voice is quiet and often friendly.
- A gentle smile is small and friendly.
- A gentle heat is not very hot.