Framework is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- (countable) A framework is basic ideas and organisation that you can build an argument, a book, a society, etc. around.
- The aim of the course is to provide a comprehensive framework for practical and theoretical study in Art and Design.
- The purpose of a system of budgeting is to provide a reasoned framework for the financial decisions of a future period.
- (countable) A framework is the structural supports that a building, vehicle, etc. is built around.
- Very large iron and steel beams provide the framework for the building’s central section.