Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) The foundation of something is the basic ideas or work behind it.
- These early inventions laid the foundations of modern radio technology.
- Her education gave her a solid foundation in all the major subjects.
- (countable) The foundation of a building is the solid base that is under it and that supports it.
- They dug solid foundations, spending a lot of time pouring concrete into four pits.
- (countable) A foundation is an organisation that collects money to do good things.
- The Open Software Foundation has opened up laboratories to test software.
- (uncountable) The foundation of a group, business, country, etc. is the act of starting it.
- The company has double in size every year since its foundation.
- (uncountable) Foundation is the first layer of cream or makeup.
- Dot the foundation over the face-on the nose, the cheeks, the chin and spread working from the face outwards.