Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A layer is a covering material or substance.
- When we got up in the morning, everything was covered by a thin layer of snow.
- The cream forms a germ-fighting layer over the skin.
- How many layers of clothing do you have to wear in the winter?
- (countable) A layer is a level in an organisation.
- The company is trying to reduce the number of management layers.
- (countable) A layer is a person who lays something, (e.g., carpet, bricks, etc.).
- (countable) A layer is a chicken kept to lay eggs.
- If you layer something, you make layers.
- Layer the pasta in an ovenproof dish with the tomatoes, bacon and peas, seasoning each layer.