Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /gəːl/, SAMPA: /g3:l/
- (US) IPA (key): /gərl/, SAMPA: /g3`l/
- (NZ) IPA (key): /ɡɵːl/ or [ɡʏw]
Audio (US) (file)
- A girl is a female child or teenager; someone who is not a woman yet.
- Many girls like to play with dolls.
- I have two children: a boy and a girl.
- (informal) A female person of any age (even a woman).
- The girls are going out tonight, do you want to come?
- I really love that girl.
- (informal) A female animal.
- My cat is a girl.
- She is a girl cat.