Feature is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- (countable) A feature is a special or noticeable part of something.
- One unusual feature of the town is the river in the middle of mainstreet.
- (countable) A feature is a useful part or function of a product.
- In computers, a CD drive used to be a special feature. Now you can't buy a computer without one.
- (countable) A feature is a special newspaper or magazine article or radio or television program that is not published regularly.
- The Star is running a special feature about homelessness.
- (countable) A feature is a movie playing at a cinema.
- Today's feature will appear right after these commercials.
- (transitive) If you feature something, you have it as a prominent attribute or aspect.
- This restaurant features the most famous chefs in France.
- Jazz and Blues feature prominently in the magazine.
- (transitive) (US) If you feature something, you consider (or imagine) it.
- I cannot feature that happening.