Highlight is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
Audio (US) (file)
- (transitive) If you highlight something, you make it more noticeable or obvious.
- I usually use a pen to highlight the important section in my textbook.
- Let me just highlight this point since many people misunderstand it.
- (transitive) If you highlight your hair, you make some parts a lighter colour.
- (countable) A highlight is a particularly good part.
- The chicken was the highlight of the dinner, just amazing.
- I didn't see the game, but I watched the highlights on the news.
- (countable) A highlight is a light-coloured area.
- The shirt was blue with yellow highlights.