Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈfæm(ɪ)li/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈfæm(ə)li/ or /ˈfæmɪli/
- (NZ) IPA (key): /ˈfɛm(ɘ)li/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- Hyphenation: fa‧mi‧ly, fam‧ily
- A family is a group of people with a blood or marriage relation.
- My parents and my two brothers are my family.
- A language family is a group of languages that is believed to have came from the same language.
- The Indo-European language family is a family of languages that is spoken by 3 billion people.
|Members of a family (edit)|
parent: father - mother | spouse: husband - wife | child: son - daughter | sibling: brother - sister | uncle | aunt | nephew - niece | cousin | grandparent: grandfather - grandmother | grandchild: grandson - granddaughter