Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA: /ˈsɪstə/, SAMPA: /"sIst@/
- (US) enPR: sĭs'tər, IPA: /ˈsɪstɚ/, SAMPA: /"sIst@`/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- (countable) Your sister is the daughter of your mother and father.
- My parents have three children: me, my brother, and my sister.
- (countable) A sister is a nurse in a hospital.
- The Sister said that I must rest more.
|Members of a family (edit)|
parent: father - mother | spouse: husband - wife | child: son - daughter | sibling: brother - sister | uncle | aunt | nephew - niece | cousin | grandparent: grandfather - grandmother | grandchild: grandson - granddaughter