Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA (key): /ɛkˈstɛnd/
Audio (UK) (file)
- Hyphenation: ex‧tend
- (transitive) If you extend something, you make it longer.
- They extended the meeting so that more people could speak.
- The muscles contract and extend to move the body.
- (intransitive) If something extends from to , it covers all the time or space in between.
- The Alps extend from France to Austria.
- The middle ages extended from ancient to modern times.
- If you extend something, you offer it
- I would like to extend to you an invitation to the party.
- extendible (adjective)
- extensible (adjective)