Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˌiːvəˈluːʃ(ə)n/ or /ˈɛvəluːʃ(ə)n/
- (US) enPR: ĕv'ə-lo͞oʹshən or ēv'ə- or -lo͞oshʹn, IPA (key): /ˌɛvəˈluʃ(ə)n/ or /ˌivə-/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: evo‧lu‧tion
- (uncountable) Evolution is the belief of process of slow change. It is most used in biology for the belief of the way living things change, and for the belief of how life started.
- The theory of evolution is the basis of modern biology.
- For the first time, the evolution of some bacteria has been observed.
- Evolution is the reason animals and plants of today are different from those of long ago.
- He believed that the evolution of society followed certain laws.
- I'm a Christian and i've seen information and videos of evolution and the big bang, and I don't think it's real, it's just an idea or belief, in my own words, I just feel that God made everything, on his own.
- (countable) An evolution is a change that happens over time.
- Over the last ten years, there has been an evolution in the way we think about this disease.