Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) The economy is the use of the resources of a community or system.
- We wonder about the ability of our businesses to compete in the global economy.
- The economy was growing at a rate of 2% per year.
- Small businesses provided most of the new jobs in our economy.
- The economy has not been this strong since 2007.
- (countable & uncountable) Economy is the careful and minimal use of resources.
- The schools were closed for reasons of economy.
- We bought a small economy car.
- You can save 50 cents by getting the economy size.
- These cars are fun to drive, plus they have high fuel economy.
- (uncountable) Economy is the section of the airplane with the smallest seats and cheapest ticket prices.
- We decided to fly business class instead of economy.
- (countable) A market economy is an economy with free competition between businesses.
- China will continue to move towards a market economy.