- (UK) IPA (key): /ˌɛkəˈnɒmɪk/, SAMPA: /%Ek@"nQmIk/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˌɛkəˈnɑmɪk/, SAMPA: /%Ek@"nAmIk/
Audio (UK) (file)
- Hyphenation: eco‧nom‧ic
- (usually before a noun) About or relating to the economy, business, money, etc.
- The reduction in unemployment and continued economic growth are good news for workers.
- As our two countries do more and more business, we must begin to match our economic policies.
- Some people are in economic trouble and have difficulty paying their bills.
- If you start saving money while you’re young, then you are setting yourself up for economic success.
- If a business activity is economic, it makes enough money.
- As a small business, do you think it would be economic for us to advertise on TV?